4. What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on the Site and/or Software. But, we do receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
4.1. Account. In order to use certain services that we offer via the Site and/or Software, you may be required to create an account (“Account”). This is a personal account which shall not be used by several persons. We may offer different options to create an Account, including:
(a) Online Registration Form: You may choose to complete and submit an online registration form. You will be asked to provide us with certain mandatory information such as your name and email address, and also a password that you will use for your Account.
(b) Third Party Accounts: You may choose to create an Account by clicking on a ‘connect’ or ‘sign-in’ button that we may display on the Site and/or Software for a designated third party website or service (each a “Third Party Account”), including but not limited to, LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter. Doing so will enable you to link your Service Account and your Third Party Account. If you choose this option, then you will be required to approve the connection as well as the types of information (which may include Personal Information) that we will obtain from your Third Party Account and the types of activities that we may perform in connection with your `Third Party Account. Please note that in order to use this option, you will need to have, and may need to be signed-in to, an existing Third Party Account.
Regardless of which method you choose to register your Account, we may send an email to your nominated email address to instruct you how to confirm your registration. You may also choose to provide further information, such as company you work for and specific topics you are currently interested in.
4.2. ‘Contact Us’ Information. If you send us a “Contact Us” request, whether by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending an email to an email address that we display, you may be required to provide us with certain information, such as your name and email address.
4.3. Share with Friends Service. The Site and/or Software may enable you to invite your friends to use our Services by sending them an invitation email or message. You may do so by: (i) using the Site and/or Software to send or post an invitation message via your Third Party Account; and/or (ii) using the Site and/or Software to send an invitation email to your friend’s external email address (for example, a Gmail address). If you send or post an invitation message, we may collect Personal Information about the recipient such as their email address or their third party website account user name and id.
4.4. Location Data. We may provide certain location-based services (“Location Services”) in connection with the Software that are dependent on data related to the geographic location of your mobile device on which the Software is installed (“Location Data”). If you choose to participate in these Location Services, you agree that we may collect or obtain your Location Data. You should be able to use the settings on your mobile device to turn off location-sharing features.
4.5. Profile. Some parts of the Site and/or Software may enable you to build a public profile in connection with your Account (“Public Profile”). Your Public Profile will include your name and other information that you choose to include in your Public Profile, such as your company and a profile picture, and you may control which of such information will appear on your Public Profile. In some cases, even if you do not create a Public Profile, the applicable Event Organizer (as defined below) may create a public profile for you, based on the information you provided while registering to the Software, and publish such public profile amongst other attendees of such event (the “Event Community”). If you do not want the Event Organizer making certain information public within the Event Community, you can opt out by visiting your Profile.
4.7. Log Files. We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Services, track user’s movement around the Services, and gather demographic information.
4.8. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Our Services may utilize “cookies”, anonymous identifiers and other tracking technologies in order for us to provide our Services and present you with information that is customized for you. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Services. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
4.9. Mobile Device Data. We may collect limited information from your mobile device in order to provide the Software. Such information may include your mobile device type, mobile device id, and date and time stamps of Software use. In addition, we may deploy tracking technologies within the Software to help us gather aggregate statistics.
5. Publicly Available Information. Your Public Profile and any publicly available content that you post on or via the Services (“User Submissions”) may be publicly available to other users of the Services, and may also be accessed and used by people off the Services. For instance, if you view another user’s profile or ‘like’ a certain event within the Services, such information can be viewed by others. The notices and tools that we provide on the Services should help inform you which information will be made publicly available. If you publish your contact information in any User Submissions or as part of your Public Profile, you may receive unsolicited messages from other users of the Services or the public. We therefore encourage you to only post information that you are sure you want to be accessible to anyone.
6. The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Services, then we may use such Personal Information in the following ways:
6.1. We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Services, to contact you in connection with the Services and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Services that you are authorized to access.
6.2. We may use your designated email address to: (i) send you updates or news regarding the Services and our products; (ii) respond to a “Contact Us” or administrative request (for example, to change your password); (iii) send you suggested events, based on events your Third Party Account connections and friendships are attending; and/or (iv) send you ads and related content and information for marketing or promotional purposes.
6.3. If you choose to send your friend an invitation email or message we will use the contact information that you provide, or make available, to automatically send your friend an invitation email or message. Your name and email address may be included in the invitation email or message.
6.7. We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Services if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms and EULA, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of MeetMatch, our users, yourself or the public.
7. Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our Services and enhance your experience with the Services. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Services.
8. Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising or other Services-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Services.
9. Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Services but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
10. Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may use the tools that we make available on the Services or you may submit an access request by sending an email to email@example.com. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
12. Children’s Privacy. The Services are not structured to attract children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at email@example.com.
14. Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.
15. California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
16. Our California Do Not Track Notice. We do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services. We may allow third parties, such as companies that provide us with analytics tools, to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Services.
Last updated: May, 2015